Coffee With The Boss

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Let me be RAW for a second.   In business you deal with two kinds of people. 66% of them have nothing better to do but complain, tell you how you could do your job better & MAKE sure to share their complaints with everyone around them who will listen. And then there is the remaining 34% of clients you actually can please. These are the people you fight everyday to keep your business open for, they are the people who bring a smile to your horrible day and bring warmth to your heart and help you believe in humanity...

Read more →


Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The RAW. The REAL. The truth. 4.5 years later there is still people who walk into the boutique for the first time. People who live in this town. Who have lived in this town for the last twenty years, maybe even longer and never noticed the building on the corner, by the only stop lights in our town with the big pink letters on the side.   I’m NOT complaining. I LOVE fresh faces. I love fresh souls walking through the door into the studio’s environment.   My point. We have been open for ALMOST 5 years. We have advertised....

Read more →


Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 I fell in love with fashion. I loved the clothing. The accessories. The shoes. I loved everything about it. But I still did not want to leave my true passion of beautifying clients. Making people feel better about themselves. Giving someone a manicure and having them confide in you while you make their hands look 10 years younger. It may sound ridiculous, but that feeling of seeing someone smile and thank you for all your hard work is very satisfying!   I always wanted to move back home. Nipawin is my town, where I was raised and will always be...

Read more →


Chapter 1

Chapter 1

From the beginning. Pink Sugar was never the plan. I didn’t ever intended on being my own boss. I never wanted to step on toes or cause hurt feelings by starting a business “competition”.   What happened to communities working together? Supporting one another. In this small town that we all call home - we see it time after time. Another blowout sale, another “Closing Soon” sign, another dark store front and soon after one more empty building.   I had just finished beauty school. I started at a high end salon in the heart of the busy city. A...

Read more →


The Beginning, My Beginning...

The Beginning, My Beginning...

Learning to love your life, is the key to happiness. -Anonymous  • • I decided I needed a voice. I wanted to be heard and a place to write. My blog is me. The RAW. The TRUTH. Never was this created to offend or hurt feelings. It is from the standpoint of a business owner that sometimes feels like an elephant on egg shells, going across a rope bridge, miles away from anyone or anything and very unheard. It’s me. Tiffany. And I just want to let the real truth out. The hurt and the tears my business has caused...

Read more →